Visceral Dance Chicago
SLDA Status: Part-Time, exempt
Visceral Dance Chicago is a contemporary dance company looking for an enthusiastic Development Manager to join our team. Within this dynamic and quick paced organization, this newly created position will be responsible for creating and implementing a fundraising strategy as well as stewarding donor relationships.
Supervisor: Dawn Stanislaw, Executive Director
· Support and partner with senior staff and board members on all major fundraising initiatives including event revenue and sponsorships
· Work with senior staff to develop and implement a comprehensive development strategy to include corporate grants
· Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors
· Maintain a donor database and execute prompt acknowledgements of donations
· Monitor all donor information; provide and present statistical analysis to board and senior leaders
· Coordinate and conduct meetings with donors, prospects, volunteers, and key constituencies
· Researching donor prospects and maintaining a donor prospect list
· Monitor and report regularly on the progress of the development program
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; demonstrated ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
· Prior professional experience of 2 years or more in a nonprofit organization in a development function
· Ability to construct, articulate, and implement annual strategic development plan
· Tangible experience of having expanded and cultivated existing donor relationships over time
· Strong organizational skills
· Flexible and adaptable work and interpersonal style
· Ability to work both independently without close oversight, but also function as a team player who will take initiative, and manage multiple tasks and projects concurrently
· Background in or appreciation of dance preferred
Assist with/attend select events as needed (some nights and weekends)
This position is part-time (20 hours per week)
Benefits: unlimited complimentary dance classes at Visceral Dance Center, membership at Chicago Athletic Clubs and Guild Row Social Club
Flexible hours are available
Visceral Dance Chicago, founded and led by Artistic Director Nick Pupillo, has been engaging and connecting its artists with audiences since 2013 and is now a nationally and internationally recognized driving force in contemporary dance. The company has developed a diverse and respected repertoire that continues to challenge audiences’ expectations. Visceral Dance exemplifies Pupillo’s daring vision to explore the infinite possibilities of contemporary movement and present the best of emerging, established, and innovative choreographers. The company has been praised for its exceptional technicality, diversity, versatility, and daring athleticism.
Visceral Dance Chicago is located within Visceral Dance Center, which offers classes for youth and adults seven days a week, taught by industry professionals. Visceral Dance Center is known for its positive environment, exceptional faculty, and a brand-new, spacious state-of-the art facility located in the Avondale neighborhood along the Chicago River. This new space serves the growing needs of the entire Chicago arts community, which uses the building for rehearsals, workshops, and auditions, and includes an in-house theater space, The Ann Barzel Theater, available for performances and special events.
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume, and references to Dawn Stanislaw at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.